Legends of Avatar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is your Legend---Write it well.

Quick Links
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

You are not connected. Please login or register

Regarding Death

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Regarding Death Empty Regarding Death Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:12 pm

Zitka

Zitka
Da Boss

Yes. You can actually die.

Don't panic. You can actually come back too.
However, everybody gets punished for dying.

When you die, you loose half your posts, and some poor sap has to bargain with the Spirits in the Spirit World for your miserable soul back. And yes, you're going to have to fight a boss NPC. That's just my method of making coming back painfully difficult for you.

No, doesn't matter how many posts you had. Half is half is half.
No, this doesn't apply to past Avatar lives...that's not very fair.

Now let's talk about something else:
Let's say that Bob and Bill are fighting. (Man these guys are so angsty!)

Bob makes a post that says he threw a throwing knife at Bill's head.
Bill accidentally looks over that part with the throwing knife, and doesn't respond to it.

Here's out policy on that:
Everybody gets ONE chance to re-edit their post and fix what's happened. The person has to explain to them what's going on. ALL of it, regarding the part that could kill them. I swear if I see nasty trickery being pulled, I will personally shove the banhammer up your bum until it comes out of your nose.

Coming Back to Life:
Guys, don't BS me. I know my Avatar Lore--if you're going to come back, it better be a REALLY REALLY REALLY good loophole.

Anybody can come back from the dead, unless otherwise told so by a member of staff for a decent reason or other. It's all a matter of making it make sense. If it doesn't, we're going to tell you no.

Everybody gets one chance, ONE chance, to come back from the dead via a way that makes sense. And NO, you can't just walk right out of the Spirit World. If you're exiting from the Spirit World, someone has to physically go there, and get you out.
And you have no idea how hard it is for Non-Avatars to find portals to the Spirit World to begin with.

That we all know of, there are only TWO portals from the Realm of the Living, to the Spirit World: one of them being in the Northern Water Tribe, in the Spirit Oasis, and the second being in Hai Bai's Village in the Earth Kingdom.
There may or may not be one on Ember Island in Roku's Temple, but that's yet to be debated.

The point is, if you can come up with a more creative means of coming back to life besides a road trip through the Spirit World, and it actually makes sense for the Avatar World, please feel free to do so.

AND NO, you can't be reincarnated....that's an Avatar thing.

That's all for now.

-----LOA Staff

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum